Thursday, May 26, 2011

Inspired by the motion pictures

I often blog about movies since I see a new one every week. However last week I went to see Thor and was pleased but saddened at the same time. At its core, Thor is a film about a guy with a really big Wakko Hammer (Animaniacs reference, also known as a mallet) versus a guy with a really big glowing ice cube. However once you get past its dismal plot, the art for it was astounding. Every aspect of the movie was well thought out and fit the scene extremely well. Although this seems like a small detail, it's rather important. As much as I love the Aeron Chair it bugs me when a movie is showing a conference room for either a start up company, or just a rather poor company and the table is surrounded by furniture that costs $3,000 per piece. Thor however didn't have anything out of place and infact helped push what we consider to be possible. This level of detail is what made the movie truly enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment