Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Inspiration

This quarter for the chair project I was really trying to focus on coffee and how coffee can be related to a chair. Coffee itself is a fantastic culture where creativity seems to brew. At the start of the quarter… and maybe even before, I tried creating a chair that was perfect for the coffee culture. What I didn't realize was everything I was creating from this inspiration was either considered 'dated' or not great. I changed my inspiration un- yet again, to flowers (another love of mine). This seems to spark more creative and modern ideas that I'm starting to fall in love with. I don't know where I'm going wrong with my starting inspiration, but I'm discovering HOW important it is. Besides, if you aren't inspired to create the next Aeron chair… then what do you have? Landfill shit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment