Monday, April 25, 2011

Y3 Blender

I'm discovering that one of my favorite design exercises to do is to take 2 different topics, mash them together and see what happens… what if pepsi developed a laptop- what would it look like and how would it function? what if Dasani created a phone etc. etc.

Recently for class I have developed a blender for the company Y-3. For those who have never heard of Y-3 (like me) it's a high end designer brand under Adidas. They use high end materials, and modern designs in their fashion.

Their current line was apparently inspired by rock and roll. Some overwhelming themes of the current line are overwhelming asymmetrical bold lines, the contrast of black and white with a simple bluish/ purple color as the accent color. I tried to take these common aspects and reflect them in a market that they have never and probably will never go into… the blender market!

No comments:

Post a Comment