Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Portfolio Update

Over the last 11 weeks I have avidly worked on revamping my portfolio. Last quarter a comment was made that the icons of the portfolio were stronger then the products themselves. This was taken into consideration and I often had to ask myself, "what am I selling, graphics or products?" After carefully redefining my portfolio to have the products be the center. It's easy to forget what your main goal is for your portfolio- so asking yourself what is the point is a great way to make sure you don't get too far from your target.

Another major change in my portfolio are the titles. Before I was just labeling what the page had on it… research, process, final product etc. However the reader isn't stupid… they will get that. Roller had a great comment about making the titles what you want the reader to REALLY get out of it… what's really the most important thing on the page so if they were just going off of titles what do you get? I think this added a lot more flavor to my portfolio and I really encourage anyone to try this (especially when you find it difficult to add personality to your portfolio).

No comments:

Post a Comment