Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Mixed Medias

In ID I feel that many people get bogged down by trying to sketch perfectly. Don't get me wrong, sketching is a fantastic necessary skill to have, however I don't think it's AS important as learning how to visualize. I think people are often afraid to switch medias because they weren't taught something. If you feel the best way to get your design out is through clay, do it. Just because you aren't a sculptor doesn't mean you can't create a 'sketch' in clay for yourself. I wouldn't go showing the world your clay lump and call it your final direction, but it often times helps you visualize for yourself how something should look. I really enjoy molding rough models in clay, and seeing what comes from them, I feel that it's a great way for myself to visualize it and I strongly urge others to find something that helps them!

No comments:

Post a Comment